Valley Equine Associates was established in 1965 as Valley Veterinary Service and has been servicing horse owners ever since. The facility is located 60 miles west of Washington, D.C. in Ranson, West Virginia near historic Charles Town and Harpers Ferry. We offer experienced care in equine medicine and surgery. The practice is made up of five doctors as well as an experienced and well trained staff. Our close proximity to the Charles Town Racetrack allows us to also offer convenient services to racehorse owners and trainers.
The clinic facility at Valley Equine Associates offers a full range of services including orthopedic and soft-tissue surgery, lameness evaluation, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, pre-purchase exams, shock-wave therapy, IRAP, PRP, acupuncture and reproduction procedures. Ambulatory cases include routine health care, lacerations, colic workups, medicine, lameness, reproduction and emergencies.
Our Mission is to provide the best health care for your large animals by considering all medical options and utilizing the skills and expertise of our trained staff of veterinarians and technicians.
Valley Equine Associates’ case load is 90% horses with the other 10% consisting of dairy and beef cows, 4-H steers, goats and sheep. The doctors start their day at the Charles Town Racetrack working with Thoroughbred racehorses. In the afternoon, they visit farms.
Morning work may include endoscopic exams of the upper airway, lameness exams, routine health care, medicine cases, colics and lacerations. Farm calls include all of the above with the addition of reproduction cases, preventative medicine, and herd work. Our farm call radius covers the entire tri-state area, including West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland.
All of our vets have an endoscope, radiology equipment and an ultrasound in their trucks. The clinic is equipped similarly with the addition of an HMT Shockwave unit, Fuji computer radiography system and a surgical facility. Our surgeon performs soft tissue, upper airway and orthopedic surgery. The clinic also includes a pharmacy and laboratory.
Whatever your large animal veterinary care needs may be, we’re well equipped and prepared to assist in any way we can. We want to become your trusted partner in all of your large animal health care needs. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!
Whether your horse needs serious medical care or simply requires general care, Valley Equine Associates, PLLC can help. Valley Equine Associates, PLLC is a first-rate, full-service animal hospital that is equipped to care for all of your equine’s needs. We offer emergency services and standard surgical, medical and dental care.
Our doctors are licensed veterinarians in Ranson with years of equine veterinary experience. Our team of trained technicians is just as experienced as our veterinarians are. The doctors and the staff collaborate to ensure that your horse’s health and wellbeing are our top priorities.
With that, we’d like to welcome you and your family to our website. Feel free to explore and browse through this site, to better understand our services and what Valley Equine Associates, PLLC can do for your horse. We hope that after you have thoroughly studied our site, you will recognize our devotion to your horse and you. Our commitment is unparalleled: We seek out top-of-the-line technology and continuously educate ourselves on advancements in the field, so we can give your horse the excellent veterinary medical care that he or she deserves.